CLOSUP strives to bring the latest academic policy-relevant research to both the policy and academic research communities. View our various publication series below.
- Michigan Public Policy Survey: state-wide surveys of local government leaders across Michigan.
- Issues in Energy and Environmental Policy (IEEP): Reports from National Surveys on Energy and Environment and CLOSUP staff and faculty researchers, designed to bring the latest academic knowledge to bear on issues of energy, environment, and climate policy.
- Fiscal Strategy Memos: CLOSUP has partnered with public finance experts from universities, consulting firms, and research institutions from around the state to produce strategy guides and memos to help local leaders strategically navigate the new fiscal landscape during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Michigan Research Briefs: Nonpartisan analysis published in 2010, these briefs aimed to inform policy discussion by summarizing existing literature on key topics facing the state.
- CLOSUP Policy Reports: Reports from CLOSUP projects that address a wide range of issues important to state and local policy.
- Working Paper Series: Research papers with initial looks at both works in progress and completed research activities.
- Student Working Papers: Papers in the series are written by students at the University of Michigan on a wide range of topics.
New MPPS Report: Most Michigan local government officials say control over renewable energy projects should stay local
A new MPPS report presents the views of Michigan's local government leaders regarding the division of authority between state and local governments...Finish reading
Searchable lists of CLOSUP publications
Looking for a publication? Search by project or topic.