News Coverage of the Conference
Numerous columns and articles have covered the conference. Select the links below for more information.
- "Civic leaders address how to repair ailing Michigan economy." By Laurel Thomas Gnagey, University Record (University of Michigan), March 20, 2006
- "Show Us the Money: Moves to kill the SBT need specific solutions, not politically opportune delays." By Ron Dzwonkowski, Detroit Free Press, March 19, 2006
- "Bold moves needed to change state's low-skill culture." By Nolan Finley, Detroit News, March 19, 2006
- "Forum was just a start in fixing state economy." Editorial, Ann Arbor News, March 17, 2006
- Radio coverage by Chris McCarus, Michigan NOW Radio, March 17, 2006: read the Transcipt or listen to the audio. Michigan Now is at http://michigannow.org.
- "Experts: spread taxes to aid the state." By Rick Haglund, Ann Arbor News, March 15, 2006
- "Think tax, wage cuts can fix state woes? Think again." By Tom Walsh, Detroit Free Press, March 15, 2006
- "Ways to turn around state economy." By Kim Norris, Detroit Free Press, March 15, 2006
- "Mich. economy can't get well if its disease is ignored." By Daniel Howes, Detroit News, March 15, 2006
- "Conference speakers: Michigan must learn to think differently." By Jeff Karoub, Crain's Detroit Business, March 14, 2006
- "Michigan devalues education." By Tom Walsh, Detroit Free Press, March 9, 2006
- "State's stubborn economic slump calls for some radical ideas." By Rick Haglund, Ann Arbor News, February 22, 2006
- "Center for Michigan mines middle of the road." By Scott Anderson, Ann Arbor News, February 19, 2006
- "Think Tank Addresses State Economic Issues." By Tom Walsh, Detroit Free Press, January 31, 2006
For more information, contact the CLOSUP at 734-647-4163 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.