Biographical Profile - Lou Glazer
Mr. Glazer is President and co-founder of Michigan Future, Inc., a non-partisan, nonprofit organization. Michigan Futureís mission is to be a source of new ideas on how Michigan can succeed as a world class community in the Information Age. Its work is funded by Michigan foundations.
Mr. Glazer is co-author of seven reports on the future of Michigan:
- Crossing to the New Economy: A Citizens Vision for a Prosperous Michigan.
- Good Paying Occupations: A Study of Occupational Wages in the Great Lakes States.
- Connecting the Urban Poor to Work: A Framework and Strategy for Action.
- Pathways to Good-Paying Careers: How Young Adults Obtain Good-Paying Jobs Without Four-Year Degrees.
- Michigan Workers in the Boom Years: Employment and Employment Earnings 1991-2000.
- Revitalizing Michiganís Central Cities: A Vision and Framework for Action.
- A New Path to Prosperity? Manufacturing and Knowledge-Based Industries As Drivers of Economic Growth.
He currently is heading efforts to:
- Launch a high school in partnership with the Ferndale Public Schools and Lawrence Technological University designed to connect students to good paying careers in the 21st Century automotive industry.
- Launch an innovative system for reducing chronic unemployment with Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit.
- Develop a new agenda for a New Economy Michigan.
Prior to joining MFI, Mr. Glazer served as Deputy Director of the Michigan Department of Commerce during the Blanchard Administration.
He received Bachelors and Masters degrees from the University of Michigan.