National Surveys on Energy & Environment Tenth Anniversary
Since 2008, the University of Michigan and Muhlenberg College have conducted the National Surveys on Energy and Environment (NSEE), a biannual national opinion survey on energy and climate policy.
Over the last 10 years, the NSEE has covered topics such as public policy approaches to address climate change including federal, state, and international action; energy policies such as cap-and-trade, carbon taxes, renewable energy requirements, vehicle emissions standards, and many more; and knowledge and attitudes about global warming, climate adaptation, and geoengineering. Since 2011, the NSEE has worked closely with researchers at the University of Montreal who conduct the Canadian Surveys on Energy and Environment (CSEE), fielding a number of identical survey questions. Run concurrently in the fall, these surveys provide a unique comparative perspective on public attitudes toward climate change and energy policy.
In 2018, the NSEE is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the survey by releasing a series of reports highlighting the breadth of topics covered in the survey. These reports will present time-series data on how attitudes about energy policy and climate change have changed from 2008 to 2017, as well as comparisons between public opinion in the United States and in Canada.
Reports from NSEE@10
- Coal, Natural Gas, and Pipelines: 10 Years of Fossil Fuels in the NSEE (February 2018)
- Should State and Local Governments Address Climate Change? 10 Years of Climate Federalism in the NSEE (March 2018)
- American Opinions on Carbon Taxes and Cap-and-Trade: 10 Years of Carbon Pricing in the NSEE (June 2018)
NSEE & CSEE Methodology Information
See overview of NSEE methodology
See overview of CSEE methodology
- See a complete list of past NSEE Publications
- Learn more about individual NSEE Survey Waves
- Download and analyze 10 years of NSEE data
Looking for More?
For more information on the NSEE@10 Project, contact CLOSUP staff at 734-647-4091 or email@example.com
National Surveys on Energy & Environment
|Find Survey Questions & Responses|
|Individual Survey Pages|
More on NSEE
- NSEE activities in the news, media, & blogs
- University of Michigan - Muhlenberg College collaboration article