The Spring 2013 MPPS was the ninth wave in the MPPS survey program. The primary focus of the survey was on fiscal, budgetary and operational policies. Additional questions focused on job approval assessments for the governor and state legislators, the state's new Right-to-Work laws, property tax exemptions, and place-based economic development. This survey ran from April 8 to June 9, 2013 and received responses from 73% of jurisdictions. See links below for resources.
A special advisory committee of expert stakeholders helped plan the Spring 2013 MPPS, including the following people:
- Judy Allen, Michigan Townships Association
- Tim Davis, University of Michigan - Dearborn
- Dan Gough, Public Policy Associates
- Jill Horwitz, UCLA School of Law
- Eric Lupher, Citizens' Reseach Council
- Larry Merrill, Michigan Townships Association
- Chris Miller, City of Adrian
- Summer Minnick, Michigan Municipal League
- Catherine Mullhaupt, Michigan Townships Association
- Jeff Padden, Public Policy Associates
- Heather Van Poucker, Michigan Municipal League
- Arnold Weinfeld, Michigan Municipal League
- Roland Zullo, University of Michigan
The final questionnaire design reflects decisions made the CLOSUP MPPS staff, which may not represent the views of advisory committee members or others who provided input.