Energy & Environment
CLOSUP's Energy and Environmental Policy Initiative (EEPI), launched in the fall of 2012, is a program of coordinated activities designed to bring the latest academic knowledge to bear on issues of energy, environment, and climate policy. Through a combination of research projects, events, classroom activities, and publications, EEPI seeks to inform policy-relevant discussions among policymakers and other stakeholders with new research findings.
- The Renewable Energy Policy Initiative conducts high-quality applied academic research on state and local policies impacting the deployment of renewable energy.
- The Michigan Local Energy Survey (MiLES) is a survey of Michigan local government officials to understand the actions their community has taken with respect to clean energy and their perceptions of the costs, benefits, and likelihood of engaging in future energy management activities
- National Surveys on Energy and Environment, still on-going under the direction of professor Christopher Borick at Muhlenberg College
- CLOSUP Fracking Project
- CLOSUP Wind Project, which has morphed into the Renewable Energy Policy Initiative and the Graham Energy Futures Initiative
For more information on the CLOSUP Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative, contact CLOSUP staff at 734-647-4091 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlighted EEPI Publications
- See the new paper in Commonwealth, A Journal of Pennsylvania Politics and Policy: "Leaving Money on the Table: Pennsylvania Exceptionalism in Resisting Energy Severance Taxes" by Rachel Hampton and Barry Rabe
- See the new paper in Climate Change Economics: "Individual Discount Rates and Climate Change: Is Discount Rate Associated with Support for A Carbon Tax?" by David Amdur, Donald Dale, Christopher Borick, and Barry Rabe.
- See Prof. Barry Rabe's chapter "A New Era in States' Climate Policies?" in the new book by CQ Press and edited by Yael Wolinsky-Nahmias. Changing Climate Politics: US Policies and Civic Action is available from the CQ Press store and Amazon.
- See the recent article by Prof. Barry Rabe in the journal Governance: "The Durability of Carbon Cap-and-Trade Policy"
CLOSUP in the News
Energy & Environmental Policy Initiative in the News: Recent Coverage
Voice of America News
Governors' Biofuels Coalition
The Finance Time
New York Times