One of the core goals of CLOSUP's Energy and Environmental Policy Initiative (EEPI) is to inform policy-relevant discussions among policymakers and other stakeholders with new research findings. In addition to publications and events, EEPI research findings have been presented at conferences and in the classroom. These presentations are available as PDFs below and can be printed in landscape orientation. Please note, many of these files are upwards of 20 MB in size and may require several minutes to download over slower connections.
List of EEPI Presentations:
- 2017 December – Northern Michigan Counties Association – Is Wind Energy Right for your County?
- 2017 November – Michigan Agency for Energy – Lessons Learned from Michigan’s Windfarms
- 2017 November – Midland County Board of Commissioners – Pros and Cons of Windfarms
- 2017 November – Keweenaw Climate Community – Rural Michigan Views of Renewable Energy
- 2017 October – Pine Township – Pros and Cons of Windfarms
- 2017 October – Michigan Municipal Electric Association Annual Meeting – Lessons Learned from Michigan’s Windfarms
- 2017 October – Kenockee Township Planning Commission – Pros and Cons of Windfarms
- 2017 September – Michigan Association of Planning Annual Conference – Lessons from Michigan’s Windfarms
- 2017 September – Michigan Association of Counties Annual Conference – What Windfarms Mean for Local Communities
- 2017 September – Greenwood Township Planning Commission – Is Wind Energy Right for your Township?
- 2017 September – Watertown Township Board – Is Wind Energy Right for your Township?
- 2017 August – Mount Forest Township – Is Wind Energy Right for your Township?
- 2017 August – Shiawassee County Planning Commission – Research from Michigan’s Windfarms
- 2017 August – Gibson Township Board – Pros and Cons of Wind Turbines
- 2017 August – Gilmore Township Board – Pros and Cons of Wind Turbines
- 2017 August – Goodland Township Planning Commission – Perceived Impacts of Michigan’s Windfarms
- 2017 July – Energy Impacts Symposium – The Impact of Royalty Arrangements on Community Acceptance of Wind Energy
- 2017 June – Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences Annual Conference – Enough is enough, or not? The effect of wind turbine proximity and density on attitudes toward wind energy
- 2017 May – Social Science and Sustainability Research Symposium – Wind Energy and Rural Community Sustainability
- 2017 May – International Right of Way Association Chapter 7 Meeting – Local Impacts of Michigan's Windfarms
- 2017 May – MTA Shiawassee County Chapter –Perceived Impacts of Michigan's Windfarms
- 2017 April – Michigan Townships Association Conference –Is Wind Energy Right for your Township?
- 2017 February – UM-Dearborn Environmental Issues Seminary Guest Lecture – Survey Research and Great Lakes Water Policy
- 2017 February – Michigan University-wide Sustainability & Environment Conference – Community Acceptance of Wind Energy
- 2017 February – Abrams Sustainability Fellows Workshop –
Using National Surveys on Energy and Environment Data in your Classroom
- 2016 December – Woodrow Wilson Center Canada Institute – Climate Compared: Climate Change Opinions in the United States and Canada. See the webcast recap.
- 2016 December – Canadian Embassy, Washington, DC – Briefing Canadian Embassy on findings from the fall 2016 NSEE
- 2016 November
– Michigan Politics and Policy Guest Lecture – Environmental Policy in Michigan
- 2016 June – Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences Annual Conference – Using National Surveys on Energy and Environment (NSEE) Data in your Classroom
- 2016 May – Abrams Sustainability Seminar – The social, ethical, and political questions surrounding renewable energy
- 2016 April – NRE 501 Guest Lecture – Perceptions of Great Lakes Issues
- 2015 August – European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) General Conference – Regulate Fracking at what Scale? Comparison of public and elite opinions on environmental federalism
- 2015 May – Great Lakes Commission – Survey Research on the Great Lakes
- 2015 April – University of Michigan Water Center – Survey Research on the Great Lakes (and fracking, too)
- 2014 October – Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning Annual Conference – Wind Energy Development as Farmland Preservation: An Exploratory Analysis
- 2014 October – Michigan Political Science Association Conference – Who should regulate? a comparison of Michigan local leaders and Michigan citizens
- April 2014 – Wilson Center Canada Institute: Washington, DC – Public Opinion on Great Lakes Environmental and Energy Policy: A Canada-US Comparison. See the webcast recap.